A gas stove is an important appliance every household must have in their kitchen. Manufacturers know this fact and are now coming up with ways to make them more efficient. Having the best kind of gas stove available in India is a must because Indian recipes require a stove that can cook efficiently.
However, choosing from the best kind of gas stoves in India can be a challenge because a lot are claiming they are the best in the market. Fortunately, we know how difficult it is to shop for gas stoves now that conventional ones are being replaced by modern gas stoves. There is also the challenge of knowing which type of gas stove fits your home.
To help you out, we have done our research and found the best gas stoves available in India to date and why you need to get them. But, before we list them down, here are some of the things you need to know when buying a gas stove.
What are the features you must look for in the best gas stoves in India?
Before you go buy a gas stove, you need to check what features it may need to get it to work in your home. The first thing you need to check is your gas supply. Do you use PNG, LPG or other gas types? Are you considering using electric stoves? The next thing you can consider is your budget, cooking preference and safety issues. The size is also an important thing to consider, especially if you are looking for a stove that you can use for large meals. Once you decide on this, you can now look into the stove and see what features it has.
Here are the top 10 features you need to look at in a gas stove.
- Rigidity and Stability – Most of the best gas stoves sold in India are made from high-quality stainless steel and glass. They also have rubber feet to keep it in place.
- Gas consumption and energy efficiency – Most of the best gas stoves in India have steady gas consumption if they are standing pilot stoves. Electric stoves, meanwhile, list down their energy use each time it is opened. Dual-fuel stoves also list down its gas and electricity use.
- Inlet connection – A majority of gas stoves have inlet connections in the back. Others can be customized depending on where you need the connection.
- Product finish – Some of the best gas stoves in India come with a smooth finish to make it easy to clean. Others come with a matte finish to add to the design of the stove. There are also stoves which are powder coated to help it cook faster.
- Smooth Operation – Most glass top gas stoves in India come with ergonomically-designed knobs to turn it on. The type of ignition will also influence how smooth the operation will be.
- Ignition Type – Electric ignition uses electricity to turn on the stove. Standing pilot, meanwhile, uses a lot of gas to keep it burning.
- Thermal Efficiency – Gas stoves often ensure that it heats up food easily and make it easy to cook. However, there are electric stoves which can also heat up food easily.
- Burner Type – Stoves in India are usually gas burners, but there are electric burners available.
- Certification – The best gas stoves in India are certified by the ISI and other distinguished bodies. The certification guarantees that the stoves are of high quality and will not break easily.
- Maintenance – The best gas stoves in India are low maintenance since they use stainless steel and glass to protect it from damage. However, there are others which use glass or fiber, which can be difficult to work with and clean. Some gas stoves even come with a drip tray to collect any excess oil or food.
You can also narrow down your list by checking the brands popular in India. The most popular brand when it comes to gas stoves is Prestige because they have stoves for any budget, size and style. After Prestige, Pigeon, Glen and Sunflame are also good brands for gas stoves and offer stoves in a variety of styles.
What are the types of gas stoves sold in India?
Gas stoves come in various shapes and sizes, which can cause people to have problems picking the best one in the market. Here is a short guide to help you sort out between various types.
Number of Burners
Gas stoves can come in four different classifications based on their burners. They are 1 burner gas stoves, 2 burner gas stoves, 3 burner gas stove and 4 burner gas stoves. In India, 3 and 4 burner gas stoves are the most preferred considering the amount of dishes it can cook.
Burner Type and Ignition
Gas stoves also vary in terms of the burner they use and their ignition switch.
This type of gas stove has a flame that is constantly beneath the platform. This flame does use a lot of energy and can be very costly to run.
This gas stove uses electricity to be powered up. To get the burner to light up, it combines electric spark, air, and LPG or PNG to create fire. It can be switched on with the help of a manual or automatic switch.
Sadly, these types of stoves are often hard to clean because you need to remove parts to reach certain areas. You may also not be able to use certain cookware because it may damage the stove. Repairs and part replacement is also difficult with electric ignition stoves.
This type of burner has sealed burners to ensure it will not be visible as you cook. It does not produce a lot of heat, but it is easier to manage than other two types of stoves. It is also very easy to clean because the burner is hidden from view.
This type of stove can use both electricity and gas to power up the stove. This is ideal if your household sometimes experiences power outages or if you want to cook a variety of meals with various heating requirements.
Considering these features, it can be tricky to use this short guide to find the best gas stoves in India. But, worry not. We have checked all the available ones in the market, as well as the best gas stove brands in India to date. Down below is our comprehensive review of the best gas stoves available in India and why we believe they are the best ones to consider. We also added our best 3-burner gas stove under the price of 5000 picks and the best glass top gas stove in India pick.
Top 10 Best Gas Stoves in India 2020
1. Pigeon Ultra Glass, SS Manual Gas Stove
Starting off this list of the best gas stoves in India is Pigeon Ultra Glass SS Manual Gas Stove. This 4-burner gas stove has a manual ignition system. It also has a very sleek design and comes in black. Customers will also love this stove because it is made from durable stainless steel and glass to help it work for years.
Operating this gas stove is also a dream thanks to its quality knobs that can be moved easily. It also has anti-skid rubber feet to keep the stove in place. The burners are made from thermal brass and even has an aluminum mixing tube for better efficiency. Users will also get a 2-year warranty for the stove.
– It has four thermal-efficient burners that make it one of the best gas stoves in India to date.
– It is made from strong glass and stainless steel to ensure it does not get damaged at all.
– It comes with a 2-year warranty.
– It uses manual ignition which can be difficult to use for various users.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2rI68o7′ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
2. Prestige Marvel Glass 3 Burner Gas Stove
Out of the best gas stoves available in India, this one is great to try out. This model from Prestige comes with a sleek design that makes it stand out from its competitors. Prestige also ensures that it is easy to use thanks to its unique features like its 3 high-efficiency tri-pin burners and the ergonomically designed knobs. It even comes with a drip tray to make it easy to clean.
This gas stove is also made from tough material to ensure this stove can handle heavy use without any issues. Tandoori cooking is also easy with this stove thanks to its pan support capacity. Given all these features, it is quite affordable and you get a 2-year warranty when you buy one.
– It has a spill proof design that makes it easy to clean.
– It can be used easily thanks to its ergonomically designed knobs.
– It is a low maintenance stove thanks to its design.
– It comes with a long 2-year warranty.
– It only has three burners.
– It uses manual ignition, which can be difficult to operate.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2ODmeZd’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
3. Glen GL 1043 GT Gas Stove
This gas stove from Glen India joins our best 4 burner gas stove in India review because of its features and its price.
The gas stove comes with a sleek matte steel body that makes it easy to clean. It has 4mm thick extra strong pan support and alloy burners which makes it efficient to cook. It is also very beautiful and very compact. Customers will also get a 2-year warranty for their stove.
– It has a long two-year warranty
– It has a sleek matte steel body that is easy to clean and looks excellent.
– It is a bit expensive despite its features.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2rMYTLv’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
4. Prestige Marvel Glass Top 4 Burner Gas Stove
Prestige Marvel Glass is one of the most popular 4 burner gas stoves in India and many love it for its features. It is made from sturdy glass and stainless steel to ensure it will not be damaged easily. It is also very easy to clean and very beautiful to look at.
The burners used for this stove is also very efficient since they are tri-pin burners. This makes the stove easy to operate by any user. The knobs are also easy to use and it even comes with a spill tray to help with cleaning and maintenance. It also has a manual ignition and can be used for Tandoori cooking. The stove also has a two-year warranty to ensure you high quality each time.
– It has very easy-to-use knobs to make it easy to control the stove.
– It is made from strong glass to make it easy to clean and use.
– It has a long 2-year warranty.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/34FESFg’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
5. Pigeon Troika Glass- Ceramic 3 Burner Gas Stove
Pigeon is known for its high-quality gas stoves and this one is no exception. It uses a rust proof powder coat, glass and stainless steel to ensure that it is easy to clean. It also helps make it efficient to cook and protect it from damage.
The stove also equipped with rubber legs to keep it stable and easy-to-use knobs for easy operation. You will even get a 2-year warranty for every purchase.
– It is made from strong stainless steel and ceramic which makes it durable and easy to clean. It also looks very beautiful.
– It has a 2-year warranty.
– It has a manual ignition.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2Y6Ri6A’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
6. Elica Glass 3 Burner Gas Stove (SPACE ICT 773 BLK)
If you want the best 3 burner gas stove under the price of 5000, you will never go wrong with this Elica stove. This stove is very efficient thanks to its design and the materials used to make it. Its black glass top body makes it sleek to look at and it is very compact.
It uses European gas valves to make it efficient to use and heat up. It also has a manual ignition and brass burners. It is a low maintenance stove thanks to its design and material. It is also very affordable.
– Made from stainless steel and glass to make the stove long-lasting.
– It has a 2-year warranty.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2DFyX7f’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
7. Prestige Premia Glass 3 Burner Gas Stove
If you are looking for the best 3 burner gas stove in India, this one is included in the list. Prestige Premia uses high-quality materials to make this stove sturdy and easy to clean. It is also very beautiful to look at thanks to its sleek design, giving it a premium look.
The knobs on this stove are very easy-to-use and they are not hard to handle. You can also remove the brass burners for better maintenance, repair and cleaning.
– It is very beautiful to look at and adds a bit of class in your kitchen.
– It is made from strong glass body, making it easy to clean.
– It is also very sturdy and can be used for a long time.
– The pan supports are not really of good quality and may get disfigured afterward.
– It is quite expensive because it is around Rs. 8000 or more.
– The paint from the burner does come off, as well as in the stands.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2qR6U2d’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
8. Sunflame Classic 3B Burner Gas Stove
Sunflame is one of India’s known kitchen appliance brands and this stove definitely reflects it. This specific model is one of the best gas stoves available in India if you are looking for a 3-burner gas stove. It has a manual ignition system and 3 very efficient brass burners for better cooking.
It is made with tough glass and stainless steel to guarantee it will not get damaged easily. The trays are also made in stainless steel and powder coated the metal base to make it easy to clean. You will also get a Euro coated pan support to ensure that it is strong and sturdy. The design of this stove is also one of a kind because, despite the fact it has 3 burners, it is very compact.
– It has a strong glass cooktop and stainless steel drip trays for better cleaning
– It has 3 brass burners that cooks efficiently.
– It has a 2 year warranty
– It can be difficult to clean because of the spacing of the burners from one another.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2rFvEKS’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
9. Glen CT1043GTAL 4 Burner Gas Stove
When it comes to affordable yet high-quality gas stoves, this Glen 4 stove will not disappoint. This gas stove is ISI certified, guaranteeing that it is a high-quality gas stove.
When you buy this stove, you will get a high flame burner and a free 4mm thick extra strong pan supports good for large meals. It even comes with a back nozzle and easy-to-operate knobs, which does not take that much space in your counter.
Many also say it is one of the best gas stoves available in India because of its dependability, features and price. You can also customize this stove to fit PNG gas lines.
– It has a stainless steel body for extra durability and design.
– Quite sturdy to hold its four burners.
– Uses fuel-efficient brass burners to help you save gas when you use it.
– Strong pan support which is perfect if you will cook heavy meals.
– It is certified by ISI, guaranteeing that it will not break down easily.
– It has a manual ignition system which may not be easy to work with.
– It only has a 1-year warranty.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/2rJ0sdw’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
10. Prestige Marvel Glass Top Gas Stove
If you want the best glass top stove in India, you will never go wrong with the Prestige Marvel Glass Top Gas Stove. This specific model is the one to buy if you are working with a Rs. 5000 budget.
As stated above, Prestige is one of the best electrical appliance brands in India and their products are well-known for their reliability. For this specific model, this 4-burner glass has a very beautiful design and made from unbreakable glass. It is also black in color, allowing it to blend in any countertop and add some class in your kitchen. It is also very easy-to-clean thanks to its glossy finish.
Aside from its design, this glass top has a manual ignition system and easy-to-use knobs to operate. Users will also get a 2-year warranty and get it replaced or returned online.
– Its easy-to-use knobs are large to make it easy to operate.
– It comes with rubber legs and pan support for Tandoori
– The glass and stainless steel material used to create this stove ensure that it is durable and very easy to clean.
– Users get a 2-year warranty and easy return/replacement policy with every stove.
– It has a manual ignition system which can be tricky to use for some users.
– Some users report a burning paint smell from the dish stand.
– It may not work well with a pipeline gas connection and will require additional accessories to get it installed.
[thrive_link color=’orange’ link=’https://amzn.to/34GzvpE’ target=’_blank’ size=’medium’ align=’left’]Check Price on Amazon[/thrive_link]
Why should you get a gas stove?
No matter where you are in the globe, a gas stove is a primary appliance in kitchens. From simple snacks to intricate dinners, a gas stove will definitely make it easier for you to prepare them. It will also enable you to cook faster than conventional stoves which use coal or kerosene.
Here are some other reasons why owning a gas stove is important today.
Fuel and Time Efficient
When you use a conventional gas stove, it will take a while for it to heat up. As a result, it will eat up more energy and cost you thousands of rupees in the process. But, if you buy a modern gas stove, its unique mechanisms ensures that gas is transferred easily from its cylinder and heat it efficiently.
Gas stoves are also better than conventional ones because of the number of burners you can use for cooking. Nowadays, gas stoves come with 3 or 4 burners and a large space to make cooking easier. Because of these burners, you can cook more food at the same time. Traditional stoves will only let you cook one dish at a time.
Gas stoves are also fuel efficient. Gas stoves regulate the amount of gas they need to heat up, allowing you to save gas each time you cook. Since you don’t need to get new gas after every use, you save a lot of money in the process.
Since gas stoves are now becoming modern and hi-tech, cooking is now made easier. You can now do a variety of cooking styles which were previously difficult to do with a conventional stove. Gas stoves are also pretty to look at and add a new touch in your kitchen.
Another great reason why gas stoves are better is because of their ignition types that match a specific cooking style. There are at least two types of ignition used in stoves: manual and automatic.
Stoves with manual ignition require users to open the gas stove with the help of kerosene and a matchstick. However, this is dangerous because you cannot control the flames once it has been ignited. There is also the possibility that some of the coal and kerosene will spill out from the stove.
Automatic ignition gas stoves do not have this danger since you simply turn the switch and it will light up on its own. Some gas stoves won’t even require gas to turn on. Thanks to this system, you can save a lot of money on gas and electricity. It is also very safe to use.
Where to Buy a Gas Stove?
With online stores now advertising gas stoves in their list, some people are wondering if it is safe to buy from these places. While purchasing in person in a shop is alright, online stores offer a lot of perks to buyers. They can offer discounts and cash backs depending on the stove you bought. You also do not have to go to the store and pick from the stove in the area. You can also find it easier to compare stoves and see which one is best. Requesting for repairs, replacements and refunds are also easier if you do it online.
Choosing from the list of the best gas stoves in India is a tough task to complete. They all have the right features you need in a gas stove for your home. With our guide, we hope that it will make your search a bit easier and help you pick the best one of the lots. Good luck and happy shopping!